2011年10月21日星期五

Homemade Jewelry - Where Do I Store It All?

If you have been making homemade jewelry for very long you have probably run into a big problem. This problem is trying to figure out where to store all that you have made and all the supplies you have accumulated. In this article I would like to give you a few suggestions about how to store all of this based on my experience and the information that I have gathered.

The first thing I would like to say is that I suggest you store everything you have, your supplies and your finished products in two different places. Your jewelry making supplies should go in one container and you should get a separate container for all your finished homemade jewelry. This will keep everything much more organized and will make your experience with this hobby a lot more enjoyable.

But what do you store these things in? When it comes to your supplies there really are two options I have seen work well. One is to go to a sporting goods store and get a tackle box. These have lots of compartments that are sectioned off and make it really easy to transport all of your supplies. The other option is to get a bag that is specific for jewelry making. Both of these serve much the same purpose but the specific jewelry making bag looks nicer and will let people know you are a jewelry maker. If you have the money to spend I say go with the second option. If you are going to shows to sell your jewelry I definitely suggest you go with the second option. It will give you more of a look of legitimacy and instill confidence in your customers.

When it comes to your finished product you have a few options. One option is to get a traditional jewelry box. These can look nice but we also know these can get cluttered very easily. This may bother some of you and may not be a good idea for your more delicate homemade jewelry. Another option is to get jewelry racks, much like you would see in a jewelry store. These can keep everything separated and look nice but may not be safe if you have kids who like to get into things. The other option is to get a travel bag for your jewelry. These are much like the specific bags for jewelry making. Again, these are an investment but if you are going to be selling jewelry at shows I strongly suggest this option.

Hopefully this information helps. You will need to store all you have and there are a lot of great options out there. What you choose depends on your needs and what level you plan to take your jewelry making. As long as you go with what meets your needs and what you can afford you will be perfectly fine.

没有评论:

发表评论